FLOWING WELL PARK

WHITE CLOUD, MI

The Historical site of the White Cloud Flowing Well Park, has a history that dates back to nearly 80 years. The artesian well ( a State Park at the time) was enhanced with fountains and flowers and was frequently used for picnics, family gatherings, and even marriage proposals.  The park was very  popular with locals and visitors in the 1920's where people came to enjoy the beautiful setting and tranquility. 

    In the 1940's and 1950's the White Cloud Flowing Well suffered from neglect and vandalism until it reached a point of disrepair. However, in 1999 restoration was discussed by the White Cloud Garden Club, and several other community organizations. These groups decided to take on the mission of restoring the Park with fund raising events and a lot of hard labor.

See the progress of the restoration of this historical site with pictures below.

   

The Flowing Well Park is now in phase one of the restoration project. This phase was completed in the fall of 2005.

 The bricks surrounding the flowing well were purchased by individuals and are inscribed with the names of those individuals or dedicated to a loved one or family member.