The Planning Commission reviews and makes recommendations on planning related matters to city council. This includes performing duties related to land use planning for the city. They are responsible for developing a master plan, recommending amendments to the zoning ordinance, and reviewing and approving site plans for new development.
The Planning Commission consists of 5 members.
4th Tuesday of each month except for Election Day of Holiday at 6:00 p.m.
City Hall, Council Chambers, 12 N Charles, White Cloud, MI.
Please see current members below for all upcoming term expiration/vacancy dates. Only applications submitted up to one year to a vacancy date will be considered. The Mayor will only contact applicants when considering them for specific appointments.
The commission shall consist of five members who shall be representative of mayor interests as they exist in the City, such as agriculture, recreation, education, public health, government, commerce, transportation and industry.
Residency Requirement: Must be a resident of the City of White Cloud
- Prepare and recommend a comprehensive Master Plan to the City Council
- Considers and makes recommendations to the City regarding zoning and zoning ordinance changes
- Hear and decide appeals from administrative hearings decisions of the Planning/Code Enforcement Officer
- Approves planned unit developments and subdivisions
- Considers and makes rulings on conditional uses
- Make rulings regarding the existence, expansion or modification of nonconforming use and noncomplying structures
The mayor appoints Planning Commission members with the advice and consent of the City Council.
View application information